MEOWTEK LEARNING APPS PRIVACY AND COOKIES STATEMENT
Effective date: 5th October 2014
Last Updated: 14th December 2016
MeowTek is a Member of the PRIVO-CertTM Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”). As a participating member in the Program, MeowTek adheres to the strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements set forth by the Program. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO certification seal posted on this page indicates that MeowTek has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at +353872659770 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at email@example.com.
- This Privacy and Cookies Statement explains how personal information is collected, used, and disclosed by Meowtek Limited, an Irish company (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Meowtek”) in connection with your use of the applications and associated services (collectively the “Service”) of Meowtek.
- We respect your right to privacy and your freedom to control and monitor your children’s online activities. This Privacy and Cookies Statement together with any terms and conditions of use for the Service (“Terms”) and any other documents referred to sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you and by any children under the age of 18 which use our Service is provided to us or will be processed by us.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”), the data controller is Meowtek Limited.
Acceptance Of This Privacy and Cookies Statement
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- parental email address if we need to contact you in respect of the Service or this Privacy and Cookies Statement;
- audio recordings which help us to build better speech technology that improves our Service (“Recordings”);
- technical information regarding the type and model of the device being used for the Service which help us to understand how the Service works on different devices
- details of your use of the Service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location (country only) data and other communication data and the resources that you access. This will be collected on an anonymous basis. We may also automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how various features of our Service are used and information about the number, frequency and length of each session; and
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We collect Recordings from children which are captured when children interact with the Service depending upon the particular application being used. We may use, store, process and transcribe Recordings in order to provide and maintain the Service, to perform, test or improve speech recognition technology and artificial intelligence algorithms, or for other research and development and data analysis purposes. These recordings are not shared with any third parties.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data or permitting your child to use the service, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Statement.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password or username confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone. You can request deletion of this data at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, from the email address provided upon initial registration.
Uses Made Of Your Information
- We use information held about you:
- to build better speech technology;
- to ensure that content from our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify you about important changes to our Service and our Terms and policies;
- to provide, maintain and improve the Service and to process and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction between us.
Disclosure Of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Meowtek and its subsidiaries and its group companies, our users, or others.
- We may disclose aggregated or anonymised data if:
- we work with advisors or service providers;
- Other than as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Statement, we do not currently disclose data to any other third parties, if this changes in the future we will notify users through changes in this Privacy and Cookies Statement.
Cookies and Similar Technology
- We may collect information about your computer or other device including, where available, device and browser type for system administration and analytical purposes. This is statistical data about how you use our Service.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general usage of the Service by using a cookie or similar software which is stored on the memory of your computer or device. This software contains information that is transferred to your computer or device’s memory. Cookies help us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- We may use Web beacons or similar technology in connection with the Service. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used in the Service or in emails relating to our Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the settings on your browser or device which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Service.
Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you or your child. You also have the right to access your or your child’s data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold, the right to object to the use of the data, the right to block any specific uses of the data in certain circumstances and the right to request deletion of the data, by means of a request in writing to email@example.com.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to Meowtek with its registered office at Floor 3, The Boat House, Bishop Street,
Dublin 8, Ireland or firstname.lastname@example.org.